2) Summary of Hearing: The Governor’s Office and the Illinois Department of
Healthcare and Family Services, in cooperation with the Department of Children and
Family Services, the Department on Aging, the Department of Human Services and
the Department of Public Health, is seeking a five-year Medicaid and Children’s
Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Section 1115 research and demonstration waiver
that encompasses all services and eligible populations served under a single
authority, with broad flexibility to manage the programs more efficiently and to align
and coordinate programs where possible. The state expects that over the five year
life of the Demonstration, aggregate expenditures will be the same as they would
have been without the waiver.
The draft waiver application can be viewed on the Governor’s website at the
following link: http://www2.illinois.gov/gov/healthcarereform/Pages/1115Waiver.aspx.
3) Date, Time and Location of Public Hearing:
Friday, February 14, 2014
12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Michael J. Howlett Building
501 South Second Street
Springfield, IL 62756 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Thursday, February 20, 2014
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Assembly Hall Auditorium
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
4) Other Pertinent Information:
* Persons must sign in at the registration desk located outside of the public
hearing location. Persons wishing to provide oral testimony will indicate such during
registration and must submit a written copy of the testimony at that time.
* Written testimony from those choosing not speaking will also be accepted during
the registration period.
* Speakers will be heard on a first come, first served basis.
* Individuals giving oral testimony are asked to limit their comments to three
* Organizations are asked to select one spokesperson to present oral testimony on
behalf of the organization and will be asked to limit their comments to five minutes.
* To assist the orderly conduct of the hearing and to ensure that the opinions of all
interested individuals and/or groups are considered, the Department may impose other
rules of procedure as necessary, including, but not limited to, adjusting the time limit or
the order of presentation.
5) Name and address of Agency Contact Person: Any interested party may direct
comments, data, views, or arguments concerning these proposed changes. All
comments not provided at the hearing must be made in writing by February 20, 2014,
and should be addressed to:
Theresa Eagleson, Administrator
Division of Medical Programs
Department of Healthcare and Family Services
201 South Grand Avenue East, 3rd Floor
Springfield IL 62794
Email address: email@example.com
This notice is being provided in accordance with federal requirements provided at 42
For further information about Illinois’ Medicaid 1115 waiver, the State’s webpage can
be accessed here and HMPRG’s webpage on this subject is here. Contact HMPRG at info@HMPRG.org or 312-372-4292 with any questions.
Tony Paulauski Executive Director
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423