The Arc is a proud member of the Responsible Budget Coalition. Please respond to call to
RBC State Budget Day of Action: Choose Revenue. Avoid Cuts.
Governor Rauner’s proposed budget would devastate our families and communities.
But lawmakers and the governor don’t have to make those cuts—they have a choice.
Instead of painful cuts to vital programs for our children, families and communities,
lawmakers and the Governor must choose revenue.
On May 13, 2015 we encourage both organizations and individuals to join in the
Responsible Budget Coalition #ChooseRevenue Day of Action by using Facebook, Twitter,
email and toll free number (1-844-311-CUTS) to contact Illinois state legislators and be
Who is the Responsible Budget Coalition?
The Responsible Budget Coalition is a group of 200 organizations across Illinois united to
preserve vital services for Illinois families and communities, and committed to fighting for
fair revenue to invest in our future. Members of the Responsible Budget Coalition stand by
our three guiding principles:
- Adequate revenue to support state priorities and make smart investments
- No more cuts to vital programs and services
- Fairness in raising revenue and making any cuts caused by failure to raise adequate
revenue What can you do?
1. Call your lawmaker toll free at 1-844-311-CUTS (1-844-311-2887). Tell them to choose
new revenue to prevent cuts to children, families, and communities.
2. Click on this link to email your state legislators and Governor Rauner.
3. Please spread the word by sending this alert to your friends, and posting the action to
social media. Follow RBC on twitter @RespBudgetIL and use the hashtags #chooserevenue
#nocuts and #twill.
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423