HCBS-ACT: FREE ON-SITE TRAINING
These free trainings are for people with developmental disabilities, their family members and others. They are 2-hour trainings in different places around the state of Illinois, during September and October.
During the training, you will learn about the rule and what it will mean for your life. Right now, there are twelve different training dates that you can sign up to attend.
- Who made it? And why?
- How does that change your life? Your rights? Your choices?
- How can it help you to live the life you really want?
- What can you do next?
- CLICK HERE to register online. Find the training you want to attend, then click on the orange ‘Register’ button to sign up. You will need an email address to register online.
- Call CQL to register on the phone: 410-583-0060
- Show up at the training, during the date and time of the training. You can sign up when you are there, but space is limited. If the room is full, you will not be able to attend the training. It is best to register online or over the phone to make sure you can come to the training.
The Home and Community Based Services – Advocates Creating Transformation (HCBS-ACT) project will train people with developmental disabilities, their families and others in Illinois about some changes to rules about services. The training will also show people how they can advocate for their right to receive the best services and supports for them.
If you have questions, or need special accommodations during the training, you can contact CQL:
The HCBS-ACT Project is funded through a grant from the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities.
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423