Here is some good news after one fantastic Convention!
Senate Bill 2047, Amendment 1 just passed the Senate 55-0. See page 15.
The vote means that Governor Rauner and the Republicans are supporting this bill. Let’s see what happens in the House but it could be a breakthrough in the Capitol. These grants are greatly reduced from their original awards but a good step forward if approved.
The bill includes:
- The Autism Program – $1,505,000
- Best Buddies – $342,100
- Life Span Project – $165,000
- Dental Grants – $ 345,000
- Out of State Residential – $175,000
- Respite Care Services – $3,072,300
- Epilepsy Services – $726,200
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423