Arc and Senate Holding Hearing on Human Services Spending
Not surprisingly, Senator Biss, Chair of the Senate Human Services Committee has
called a hearing on Fiscal Year 2016 spending on Human Services, including areas
under consent decrees or court orders.
The hearing is scheduled for September 8th, 10:30 a.m., Room C 600, Michael
Bilandic Building, 160 N. LaSalle, Chicago.
See Senator Biss’ recent letter to the State Comptroller below.
Illinois State Comptroller Leslie Munger 201 Statehouse
Springfield, IL 62704
Dear Comptroller Munger,
In my capacity as chairman of the Senate committee on Human Services, I write to
seek clarification regarding payments to service providers across the state. It is
unclear which payments have been made, and perhaps more importantly, the process
by which the payments have been prioritized.
In addition to the documentation you will be providing to Judge Coleman, and in the
interest of ensuring our most vulnerable citizens receive the care they need and deserve,
I hope you can take a moment to respond to the following questions:
1. Under which consent decrees, court orders, state laws, and other statutory obligations
are bills being paid?
2. What process was used to determine prioritization of those payments?
3. What are the top highest paid vouchers for July and August?
4. Estimated GRF, CSF and EAF (“general fund(s)”) bills on hand as of July 1, 2015,
including bills by governmental category
5. Estimated FY15 general fund bills on hand projected August 31, 2015
6. Estimated FY16 general fund bills on hand projected August 31, 2015
7. Estimated FY16 monthly general fund state employee payroll, based on average
payroll for month ending July 31, 2015
8. Estimated monthly liabilities incurred pursuant to vouchers submitted under consent
decrees including: Memisovski v Maram, Beeks v Bradley, Colbert v Rauner, Benson v
Blaser, Williams v Rauner, Ligas v Norwood, B.H. v Tate
Now more than ever our committee needs a clear understanding of the mechanisms by
which these decisions are made so that we can effectively advocate for the citizens of
Illinois. I appreciate your assistance in guiding us through the details of this process.
I would also like to invite you to a Senate committee on Human Services hearing on
September 8th at 10:30 a.m. in room C600 of the Bilandic Building. The committee
would appreciate any guidance and information you can provide us, and we would be
grateful for your attendance.
Thank you again for your attention to these questions. With more information, we’ll be
better equipped to serve our shared constituents.
State Senator, 9th District
Tony Paulauski Executive Director
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423