The staff of our Family to Family Health Information Center updated The Arc Family Manual on Transition to Employment and Adult Services for Youth with Developmental Disabilities in Illinois
in October, 2010.
Since that time, we have received number of requests for “digest”or “condensed” versions of many of the topics covered in this expansive resource.
To address your need for information in a condensed format, our Family to Family team has developed and posted a number of brief “Fact Sheets” to their website at www.familyvoicesillinois.org
The Fact Sheets that have been posted include the following:
1. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Local or Mail Order Pharmacy?
Information to help select a prescription plan that works for you!
2. Family Manual Fact Sheet – SNAP: Financial Assistance for Food
Information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, formerly known as food stamps.
3. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Special Education and Transition
The “nutshell” version of essential resources for special education and transition in Illinois.
4. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Transition Basics for Youth with Special Needs and Their Families
Basic transition tips and information.
5. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Transportation
Transportation resources for your consideration.
6. Family Manual Fact Sheet – What is Medicare?
Basic information about Medicare.
7. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Who’s Who In Adult Services
A brief explanation of the “players” involved in the provision of adult services.
8. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Accessing Community Activities
Resources to help families of youth in transition search for activity options in the community.
9. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Financial Planning
Information to help families understand the need for financial planning.
10. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Medicaid Waivers in Illinois
A brief explanation of Medicaid waiver programs available in Illinois.
11. Family Manual Fact Sheet – Considering a Move to Illinois?
Resources to help families considering a move to Illinois research available services for individuals with disabilities.
Two of our most popular resources have also been updated and are available in the Documents section of the Family to Family website.
1. Summer Memo
2. PUNS – The Basics
More Fact Sheets will be posted as they are developed and Spanish versions of each will also be posted in the near future.
Please share this valuable information with other advocates!
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423