You may want to attend this Town Hall in person on Phase 2 not Phase 3. It has been my experience that the webinar option has been very problematic for people.
Hosted by the GOVERNOR’S OFFICE and DEPARTMENTS OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES, HUMAN SERVICES and AGING
· Thursday, January 24, 2013
· In-person at James R. Thompson Auditorium in Chicago and by webinar
· Noon – 3:00 pm
You are invited to a Town Hall Meeting to discuss the changes in the Illinois Medicaid Program that will take effect on February 1, 2013, when the Integrated Care Program enters Phase II. During this phase, the two current managed care companies – Aetna and Centene – will assume responsibilities for long-term supports and services, including nursing facilities and home and community-based services under Medicaid waivers.
As required by law, the Illinois Medicaid Program is moving ahead to enroll more than 50% of Medicaid clients into some form of care coordination or managed care in the next 2 years. Even if you’re not currently providing services in Chicago suburbs and collar counties (the service territory currently for the Integrated Care Program), this program may be informative.
You may wish to participate in any part of this agenda:
· Noon – 12:30 Review upcoming changes for Medicaid, the state’s continuing responsibilities, and the timeline
· 12:30 – 1:00 Learn about the philosophy, background and experience of the managed care companies, and their role in Phase II
· 1:00 – 3:00 Discuss the operational issues for providers in implementing Phase II; question and answer with participants and panelists
Please register online and state whether you plan to attend in person or by webinar: HFS.Illinois.gov/webinar. You will be emailed a detailed list of the most frequently asked questions-and-answers by 5:00 pm on January 23.
Please plan to read these before the Town Hall Meeting, as our purpose is to clarify answers provided previously, or answer new questions.
If you registered to attend by webinar, you will be sent the link. During the webinar, you will be able to ask questions by typing them in the question box. Your questions will be addressed by the panelists during the question-and-answer period, as time permits.
If you have questions about this Town Hall Meeting, please email email@example.com.
· Michael Gelder, Governor’s Senior Policy Advisor on Health
· Julie Hamos, Director, Department of Healthcare and Family Services
· Michelle Saddler, Secretary, Department of Human Services
· John Holton, Director of Department on Aging
Tony Paulauski Executive Director
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423