Yesterday it was my pleasure to meet with Ann Cameron Williams, Senior Executive
Officer of Research & Innovation for The Arc of the United States and good friend!
We discussed many of the great programs of The Arc and ways to partner with Illinois.
She is quite a resource for The Arc.
Today, The Arc Staff meet to set our sites on advocacy strategies for the new fiscal
I continue to keep an eye on the state budget because this year, without the
extension of the state income tax, we are looking at an estimated $2 billion in cuts for
Fiscal Year 2015 and about $5.2 billion in cuts to the state budget in Fiscal Year
Yesterday candidate for Governor, Bruce Rauner, released his first in a series of
spending reforms for the state budget outlining ten key reforms for his plan entitled
the “Bring Back Blueprint.” Medicaid and community grants appear to be important
areas for reductions in this Blueprint.
Those ten key reforms include:
1) Making government spending more transparent and accountable.
2) Ending the shuttle service and selling state planes.
3) Eliminating political slush funds.
4) Taking no salary and no pension as Governor.
5) Shifting all current Illinois legislators into a defined contribution system.
6) Restricting the outside employment of legislative leaders.
7) Enacting a 10% cut to Constitutional offices and the General Assembly.
8) Merging the Comptrollers and Treasurer’s offices.
9) Reforming Central Management Services and our procurement process.
10) Implementing true Medicaid reform.
Read the entire Bring Back Blueprint here: http://brucerauner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blueprint_part1_print1.pdf
We will continue to update you on positions by the statewide candidates that impact
disability policy and spending.
Tony Paulauski Executive Director
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423