Late Thursday, the Senate also Senate Bill 2038. So now both the Senate and House have approved Senate Bill 2038, a human services funding bill with funding for community grants. Both housed passed the legislation with zero no votes! The vote should be a message to the Governor.
Senate Bill 2038 includes:
- The Autism Program …$1,969,400
- Best Buddies …$447,700
- The Arc of Illinois 18 for the Life Span Project …$215,900
- Dental Grants for People with DD …$451,600
- Out of State residential services people with DD..$229,000
- Respite Care Services ..$4,020,300
- Epilepsy Services ………………………….$950,400
- Total $8,284,300
It is unsure if the Governor will support this bill even though the funding for these important services would come from a specialized fund.
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423