Join The Arc June 6 For Medicaid Day of Advocacy
We are hearing that the Senate might consider a revised version of the American Health Care Act, which will CUT AND CAP MEDICAID by more than $800 million before the August Recess. This means we need to keep up the pressure, stories, social media and calls to our Legislators to make sure they DON’T CUT OR CAP OUR MEDICAID.
June 6 is a Nation Day of Action for Medicaid. Please join in one or all of the following ways:
- Rally June 6 at 11 am – 12 pm, Thompson Center, 100 W. Randolph, Chicago, bring signs!
- Join in through social media using the hashtag #SaveMedicaid and make sure to tag us @arcillinois. Tell your story or your loved one’s story about how Medicaid impacts their lives.
- Reach out to your legislators – tell them your story.
- Reach out to your friends and family who live in states like PA,AK, AZ, ME, NV, OH, WV where there are Senators who need to hear from people who care about Medicaid. Ask them to make calls to support Medicaid!
- Write letters to the editors and op ed pieces talking about the real impact of Medicaid.
Thank you for all your hard work. The polling on the AHCA as it stands now shows that many of the nation are with us in opposing cuts or caps to Medicaid but we need to make sure the Senate keeps hearing from us!
June 6 Day of Action
Tuesday, June 6 is a Day of Action to send the message to Congress: No Cuts! No Caps! Save Medicaid!