THE ARC OF ILLINOIS MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Strength in numbers: As a member of the largest advocacy voluntary association in Illinois working for people with disabilities.
A Strong Voice: In Springfield and Washington D.C. that elected and appointed officials listen to and recognize.
Recognition: As a member of a well-established and respected 54-year old state association when you join The Arc of Illinois.
Professional Resources for Consumers and Their Families: Resources including information, referrals, linkages, survey results, new research, lending libraries, service and advocacy guides, print and online directories.
Leadership Opportunities for Consumers, Parents, Family Members, and Professionals
Through training, education, and mentoring, take a leadership role: educate other families and the public, participate in leadership conferences and workshops, serve on statewide committees, provide testimony and input on state policies, inform members of the press, become an Advocate for Change and a “Voice for People with Disabilities.”
Knowledge Advancement: For staff, families, and self-advocates through participation in training courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
Reduced Member Rates: For staff, families, and self-advocates attending training opportunities.
Professional Certification Requirements: Available CEU’s and CPDU’s for professionals.
Positive Press Coverage: Read and contribute to letters to the editor, editorials, expert citations by media, feature articles.
Networking for Consumers, Families and Professionals: Actively participate in state and national conferences and workshops, parent groups, chapter meetings, community resources, partnerships and collaborations.
- Strength in numbers as a chapter of the largest advocacy association in Illinois working for people with developmental disabilities
- A Strong Voice in Springfield and Washington D.C. that elected and appointed officials listen to and recognize
- Information with the latest breaking news about developmental disabilities in printed and electronic newsletters, notices, and alerts sent from The Arc of Illinois and The Arc of the U.S.
- Recognition – as a chapter of an association that is well established and respected when you join as an chapter member of The Arc of Illinois
- Advancement through participation in training courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences at reduced rates for you and your staff members with available CEU’s and CPDU’s for professionals
- Professional Resources including surveys, research, lending libraries, guides, directories
- Networking at state and national conferences, chapter meetings, resources, collaborations
- Leadership Opportunities by serving on committees, holding office, participating in leadership retreats and conferences
- The Arc of Illinois advocates for funding and legislation to benefit people with disabilities.
- When you belong to The Arc, you receive support from other families and learn from the experiences of others.
- Use the website at www.illinoislifespan.org to find useful information on anything related to developmental disabilities.
- You belong to an organization committed to progressive legislation to protect rights and improve services for people with disabilities.
- Members receive a 10% discount on all Arc of Illinois trainings, seminars and conferences.
- When you become a member of The Arc of Illinois, you are a member of The Arc of the United States and will have access to discounts on disability related products and services.
Make a donation
The Arc of Illinois is a section 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity. Your charitable gifts are deductible as provided for by law. We are successful in advocating for people with developmental disabilities and their families because of your support. Please consider a substantial gift that will improve the future for people of all ages with developmental disabilities. Every gift is important and will help us to provide these needed services to people throughout Illinois.
Donations of $1000.00 or greater to The Arc of Illinois will qualify you for lifetime membership.