Today, 300 advocates are coming to the Capitol to speak up for community living, rebalancing the I/DD service system and supporting investment into the service system including increasing wages.
Even if you can’t be in Springfield today, you can still support!
1) Share what community living means to you and your family on Facebook, Twitter and other social media and use the hashtag #GoingHomeIL. Ask your networks to repost and support/
2) Keep up the calls to your Senators and Representatives – We have one more week before the end of the legislative session and we need to keep the pressure on!
- Call for rebalancing the DD system to better support and fund community living.
- Call for full funding for DD grant funding including the Life Span grant, the Autism Program, Life Span, Best Buddies, Epilepsy, and more.
- Call for a wage increase for Direct Support Professions to $15 per hour.
Thanks for amplifying the advocates in Springfield!
The Arc of Illinois
20901 S. LaGrange Rd. Suite 209
Frankfort, IL 60423