The Arc of Illinois: Call To Action – Comments Needed!
Speak Up for Community Living! Turnout for Townhalls, Webinar and Comments Needed!
You have several opportunities this week and next to speak up to ensure that HCBS waiver dollars are spent on community like settings. Remember HCBS waiver dollars are limited, unlike institutional spending and there is a significant wait list for services. Therefore, it is really important that the state stand strong on spending those dollars on services and supports that help people live in community like everyone else. The arc will release some summary statements tomorrow to support people who want to comment.
1) DHS Townhalls
March 3, 2020, 10am to 11:30am Illinois State Capitol, 501 S. Second Street, Room 122B, Springfield, IL 62756
RSVP not required
2) HFS Informational Webinars
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is holding two stakeholder webinars opportunities regarding the updated Illinois Statewide Transition Plan (STP). Because this is an HFS webinar, they will be covering material for all nine (9) Illinois Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waivers, not just the DDD Waivers.
March 4, 1:30 pm – Register (delete my info and put your own)
Be advised, the State of Illinois Webex Portal is not able to accommodate registration through mobile applications, it must be done using a PC/laptop. You may register by opening the attachment for the date you wish to attend and clicking the blue “Register” button.
These webinars are two different meeting dates/times; the same material will be covered in each session. One session is Friday, Feb 28th at 10 am, the other is Wednesday, March 4th at 1:30 pm. These webinars are different than the DD Town Halls scheduled for February 27th and March 3rd.
Agenda for meeting:
- Recap of Federal Person Centered Planning and Settings Rule Requirements – the foundation for why a Statewide Transition Plan is being done
- Recap of Key Points in SMD-#19-001, Federal Policy Issuance in March 2019 re: HCBS Regulations – Heightened Scrutiny Requirements
- Walk-Through of New Material/Updates to the Statewide Transition Plan from the one last posted on February 1, 2017.
There will not be a Question and Answer session as part of the webinar. HFS will be recording the presentation as well as any questions/comments submitted through the chat mechanism, to make sure all info is accurately captured. Questions/comments may also be submitted to HFS.SWTransitionPlan@illinois.gov by midnight, Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 11:59 pm. All questions/comments received during the 30-day public comment period and the accompanying responses will be incorporated into the revised Initial Statewide Transition Plan that will be submitted to federal CMS.
3) HCBS Settings Statewide Transition Plan Webinar
Thanks to the almost 200 people who registered and how attended the webinar yesterday. Here are three resources:
1) ICDD comment builder which will walk you through the settings rule and statewide transition plan and walk you through how to do comments.
2) Webinar powerpoint for your review
3) Here is the link to the webinar recording in case you missed it! https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/1900532642050966018
You can sign up for the Arc Advocacy Network to continue to get updates about the implementation of the settings rule (www.thearcofil.org) and you can also sign up for the Council’s update.
3) DON’T FORGET! Comments are due March 5, 2020.
The revised Statewide Transition Plan is accessible through the HFS website: https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/MedicalClients/HCBS/Transition/Pages/TransitionPlan.aspx#Subhead6
Comments may be submitted online HFS.SWTransitionPlan@illinois.gov or written comments may be mailed to:
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Attn: Waiver Management
201 South Grand Ave East, FL 2 Springfield, IL 62763
Persons who are unable to access the Internet may request a hard copy of the revised draft plan by calling HFS at (217) 524-4148.