Today, more than 250 self advocates, families and community organizations are rallying in the rotunda of the State Capitol to advocate for increased funding for community living (including increased pay for staff and rates), an end to waiting lists for services, increased informed choice for people in SODCs and a shift in funding prioritizaiton from institutions to community based supports. If you aren’t able to be there, please support today by:
- call/email your legislators to support these principles;
- tweet support for community living in Illinois using #inclusionfirst, #goinghomecoalition and #ILcommunityliving
- post on facebook and instagram examples of inclusion and living in the community (tag us at @arcillinois and thearcofillinois)
- tweet your legislators to support increased funding for staff and rates for community living
- send an email to email@example.com to join the Going Home Coalition.
Thanks to the Illinois Council on Developmental
Disabilities for funding for the Going Home Coalition’s efforts to grow
capacity in the community.