Improving the Quality of Lives
The Arc of Illinois, through generous donations, has an Assistive Technology Fund. This will fund, or partially fund, the purchase of assistive technology for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities who have received an evaluation/assessment from a qualified provider but the purchase is not subsidized by Medicaid, Medicare or Private Insurance.
Our goal through the Assistive Technology Fund, is to enhance and improve the quality of life for persons with intellectual/ developmental disabilities by providing opportunities for individuals to receive technology to help with education, employment, community living and independence.
Please help us to continue this wonderful program. When you click on the in the top right corner of the video to donate, The Arc of Illinois receives 100% of the donations! All of these donations will be used to purchase Assistive Technology devices and software for individuals with disabilities.
- A person with an intellectual or developmental disability
- A Family member on behalf of a person with an intellectual or developmental disability
- Must be an Illinois resident
The maximum amount funded will be $500.00 per person or family. Upon approval, the device will be shipped directly to the applicant.
- An application form must be completed. Application forms can be printed and mailed to the Arc of Illinois or completed online. Click here for an application form.
- The application must include a copy of an evaluation/assessment to show the need for the assistive technology device and what type of device is needed.